OCTOBER HORROR CHALLENGE 2017 - Progress Thread Sept 27, 2017 1:57:49 GMT MrFurious, darkreviewer2013, and 6 more like this
Post by lostinlimbo on Sept 27, 2017 1:57:49 GMT
I thought I would kick it off. It's that time of the year again! Welcome to the annual OCTOBER HORROR CHALLENGE. Following the tradition that was set-up on the IMDb Horror Board.
The goal of this challenge is to watch 31 horror films within the month of October and 16 of them must be first-time viewings. While that's the bare minimum to complete the challenge, you can watch more than the 31 films. Even if you think that you won't reach the target simply join in on the experience, create your spot and list whatever you watch.
This will be the progress thread to list the films you have watched during the challenge. So grab your spot, list your titles and edit as you go along. Keep an on-going count of your total and first-time viewings somewhere on your post.
Since the Proboards' format doesn't allow nest as a sorting feature for posts. So to stop it becoming cluttered, and easy to sort through. It's probably best not to use this thread for discussions/or reviews (unless it's one or two sentences). It doesn't mean, we don't want to read your thoughts, as you can create separate film threads, post links on your progress post or even create a separate movie review log on the board. More threads / and discussions, the merrier.
Going by the original set of rules and keeping it simple.
• I was going to use “Movies must be horror, as listed on IMDb”. However since “JAWS” isn’t considered so by IMDb. If you think its horror, then use your best judgment. Horror can be subjective. If still unsure, ask the question on the DISCUSSION THREAD.
• Runtime must be at least 50 minutes, or near it. Therefore no short films will be counted, unless they are part of a collection/feature length film.
• Horror TV series do not count, but “Masters of Horror” episodes are the exception.
• documentaries do not count.
• You can only count a movie once. Unless IMDb provides separate pages for different cuts. E.g. “Lisa and the Devil” & “The House of Exorcism”.
• And lastly have fun!
This will kick off at 12am 1st October and finish at 6am November 1st.
Any questions or thoughts about the challenge can be asked on the DISCUSSION THREAD.