Post by themusicdewd23 on Jan 7, 2018 21:24:57 GMT
"It was way better than Episodes I and II and was the best film of the Prequels!" my ass. The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones are way better than Revenge of the Sith and the two best Star Wars films to date.
That final lightsaber duel between Anakin and Obi-Wan was so overly long and overly choreographed that duel. Don't get me started on how silly Palpatine looked with a red lightsaber and his awful transformation into Darth Sidious. General Grievous was completely wasted in this film and Anakin Skywalker's turn to the dark side was too rushed and unbelieveable. I hated how soon Count Dooku had to die as well.
The film also has some of the worst acting and dialogue in the Saga like "If you're not with me, you're my enemy" and "From my point of view, the Jedi are evil." Watching Hayden delivering those lines is like watching a bad 80's cartoon.
Last Edit: Jan 7, 2018 21:25:09 GMT by themusicdewd23
It's one of my favorite SciFi movies of all time. It is unique. Excluding the imagination and creative production design (which are incredibly strong with all 6 Lucas Saga movies) this film is a standout because:
- It shows the downfall of Democracy, Institutions (Jedi/Senate) and it's people stumbling over themselves, thus is a very relevant and meaningful story - unlike 98% of the SciFi entertainment produced.
- Shows the systematic rise of totaliarism and of demagogues (this is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause)
- The bad guys win / the heros are corrupted or lose (where else do you get this in this genre)
- Palpatine (or his plotting) is one of the best written villains ever (and deserves his place in the popularity charts)
- Some of the best and most symbolic scenes and Saga mythology (e.g., Opera scene, Order 66 etc)