Post by Ex President of Sudan on Oct 22, 2018 21:15:10 GMT
Except for one obvious exception, I'm doing all these on VHS format. Blue is new
Halloween 2 8/10
Halloween 3 6/10
Halloween IV 6/10
Halloween V 4/10
Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers 3/10
Halloween Resurrection: 2/10
Halloween 2018- 1/10. Not a typo. This is easily worse than Buta Rhymes having a kung fu fight with Michael Myers.
The Beast Must Die (1974) 7/10 This was awesome. It's a murder mystery that's interactive.
Bones (2001) 4/10 This is one unique and uneven film. It stars Snoop Dog as the main character Jimmy Bones whose soul gets reincarnated to a black dog. It's a tribute to 70s blaxploitation. Fun, though the ending is pretty stupid.
The goal of this challenge is to watch 31 horror films within the month of October, with at least 16 being first-time viewings. Of course, you can watch as many as you like. If you can't watch that many films, that's OK. You can still join in on the experience. This is also a way to find out what every one is watching, so even if you only watch 8 films, it will still be fun to see what those 8 films are.
Here are some additional rules.
• The film should be a horror film. However, it's not always clear whether a film is considered horror or not. You can use IMDB as a genre guide, but we all know the problems with some IMDb genre designations for films. There will be a questions thread going up soon. If you have questions about whether a film counts, you can get the community's response there. Overall, though, use your intuition. If you really think it's horror, then just count it as one.
• The Runtime must be at least 50 minutes. Therefore, no short films count in the challenge.
• Horror TV series do not count, but “Masters of Horror” episodes will be the exception.
• Documentaries do not count.
• You can only count a movie once unless IMDb provides separate pages for different cuts. E.g. “Lisa and the Devil” & “The House of Exorcism”.
The challenge kicks off on the 1st of October at 12 a.m. and ends at 6 a.m. on November 1st.
Since the boards here don't allow for nesting, try to keep your posts conconcise so that the people behind you don't have to scroll forever to get to their post to update it. Rather than posting a full review here, consider creating a separate thread that you update with images and such (if that's your style). Try to keep this thread to a list and maybe a short comment and/or rating.
But for now, grab your spot.
And happy film watching.
Horror comedies and spoof alright? Young Frankenstein, Shaun of the Dead, Dale and Tucker or the Scary Movie franchise good?
I've watched it seen them in past challenges and didn't see any complaints.
Well I started well and then in the middle I had to move my residence 1000s of miles away from where I was living before. Only 18 movies seen but all first time viewings. Challenge incomplete. Fail.
Not a fail... You got to see 18 new films👍 What were they?
Thanks. The purple coloured ones were pretty good. I recommend Ghost Story (1981) a lot. A very interesting and different horror. Among the Italian ones, The Cat o' Nine Tails (1971) kept you guessing till last and was a good fun. The Haunted Castle (1969) the only Japanese horror that I saw for the challenge was pretty solid movie and I do recommend it too. Apart from that I saw 3 movies starring Peter Lorre and his performances were breathtaking.
1. Jack the Ripper (1959) 2. And Now the Screaming Starts! (1973) 3. Nightwatch (1997) 4. The Uncanny (1977)
5. The Skull (1965)
6. The Thing from Another World (1951)
7. Ghost Story (1981) The best out of 18
8. The Red Queen Kills Seven Times (1972)
9. Baron Blood (1972)
10. The Beast with Five Fingers (1946)
11. The Haunted Castle (1969) 12. The Face Behind the Mask (1941)
13. Planet of the Vampires (1965)
14. The Cat o' Nine Tails (1971)
15. Scream 2 (1997)
16. Who Saw Her Die? (1972)
17. Signs (2002)
18. The Awakening (2011)
Red - Not recommended unless you are a true horror fan and want to see horror movies irrespective of quality
Blue - Good for one watch
Purple - Quite a good horror that I would recommend to anyone.
I want to applaude everyone for participating even if I didn't participate myself. Such a funny idea to activate a lot of movie lovers! The sweeping winds of the challenge made me look at a few older horror movies myself.